- Members can run for NMSA officer positions during our annual elections and become trained leaders for their futures as entrepreneurs, non-profit workers, and leaders in the naturopathic medical community.
- Apply for the NMSA Fellowship program in targeted areas such as Public Policy, Integrative Medicine, Research, Philosophy, and Global Health (see below). If there are other areas you are interested in that would work well under a Fellowship, please contact us!
- Apply for one of our paid internship positions (contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Social Media, Event Planning, Development, Marketing
- Access to the NEON CRM, a non-profit membership management software which gives you access to our Membership Benefits pages, applications, and elections, and more!
- Membership resources on professional development, advocacy, and legislative updates.
- Continuous communications, blogs, news, and other information on what’s going on in our community.
- The NMSA Fellowship program was launched as a way to advance student interest in project areas such as: Philosophy, Research, Integrative Medicine, Public Policy, Global Health, etc. Interested members are encouraged to check back regularly for announcements!
- Public Policy Fellowship – Applications are open until December 10, 2017! Please fill out the FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION document and download fellowship specific documentation in the description. Click here for a full description on this Fellowship.
- Research Fellowship – Congratulations to Maxwell Crispo of CCNM, our 2018 Research Fellow!
- Integrative Medicine Fellowship – 2017 Awarded. Keep an eye out for 2018!
- Global Health Fellowships – 2017 Awarded. Keep an eye out for 2018!
Scholarships and Grants
- 5 Bragg Nutrition Scholarships ($2,000 each) – 2017 Awarded! Congrats to our Winners! Check back next year!
- NMSA NDi Brigade Scholarship! – Winter brigades awarded! Check back again in the Fall!
- Travel Grant fund available to all members ($7,200)
- Four travel grants are awarded a month at a value of $200 each. Travel grants are awarded through a random drawing between all eligible applications.
- Eligibility criteria:
- Applicant is a NMSA Member*
- Application is received between the 1st – 10th of the month
- Event is no more than 6 months away or 90 days past
- Event aligns with NMSA principles and supports the development of the physician-in-training
- Applicant has not already received a NMSA Travel Grant in the same academic (i.e. August 1 – August 1) year
- For questions, please email: email@example.com
- Chapter-level funding to attend events, such as the DC FLI, CFMS, AMSA, and more (varies by chapter)
*In order to access the Travel Grant Form, you must log in first!
Advocacy and Legislation
- Connect with National and State Associations through NMSA
- NMSA represents the voice of over 2,600 ND students by writing positions papers to state/provincial and federal governments, letters supporting state/provincial-level licensing and scope expansion, and sending in-person delegates to represent at public hearings and numerous planning tables
- Chapters at all 9 accredited naturopathic colleges
- NMSA Newsletter
- Leadership development and training
- Supporting student efforts (contact us with your goals – see how we can support you)
NMSA Sponsored Events
- NSMA Cup
- Annual Student Conference
- The Naturopathic Gathering
- Partnership with AANP’s DC FLI
- Local Chapter events (mixers, social hours, lectures)
- 25% off Primal Pictures online educational resources (www.primalpictures.com)
- 35% off purchases from Thieme publishers (www.thieme.com)
- Interested in gastroenterology? Join GastroANP for 1 penny!
- FREE AANP Student Membership!
Build relationships within the profession and the greater healthcare community
- Network at NMSA Events: The NMSA Conference, The Gathering, the NMSA Cup, and AANP’s DC FLI.
- Seat on the Naturopathic Coordinating Council (NCC), International Health Policy Consortium (IHPC), American Association of Naturopathic Physicians House of Delegates (AANP HOD)
- Professional relationships with the AANP’s Board of Directors, Council on Naturopathic Medical Education, Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (CAND), Natural Doctors International (NDi), Foundations of Naturopathic Medicine (FNM) Project, the American Medical Student Association (AMSA), and all ND schools, etc.
- Providing opportunities for students to network with professionals and practitioners