The 2017 NMSA Annual Conference presents
The Future of Medicine
Moving Forward While Maintaining Our Roots
Join the NMSA community in discovery of new and emerging topics across naturopathic medicine and healthcare. In 2017, the NMSA will bring experts to the table on new and exciting topics that extend beyond standardized medical education. This year’s theme, The Future of Medicine, will highlight current knowledge, specialized skills, and innovative resources that will deepen our traditional roots while celebrating the role of Naturopathic Medicine on the cutting edge of healthcare. The conference will take place at the beautiful Arizona Biltmore Hotel in Phoenix on July 12 – 15, 2017. You will not want to miss this conference! Register Now!
Early-bird pricing – EXTENDED (04/04/17-06/01/17) – $250
Regular pricing (06/02/17-06/29/17) – $300
Last-minute pricing (06/30/17-07/12/17) – $350
1-day passes – $100/day – purchased at the event
What Does Registration Include?
Registration for the 2017 NMSA Conference includes:
- Access to all speakers and presenters for the NMSA Conference
- Access to the AANP Conference
- Access to the vendor hall to see the latest and greatest products in integrative medicine
- Breakfast and lunch included for each day
- Networking opportunities with fellow students, physicians, and organizations
Interested in being a sponsor for the 2017 NMSA Conference? Contact our team!
The conference will take place at the Arizona Biltmore Hotel on July 12-15th. The starting room rate is $139 for the room block. To make a reservation at the Biltmore hotel, click HERE.
A few new things in 2017
- No need to plan 3 trips this year… The NMSA Conference is co-locating with the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians (AANP) and the World Naturopathic Federation (WNF) to expand perspectives, enhance networking, and encourage community building between students and doctors.
- The NMSA Cup is back and better than ever! Watch each chapter prove their academic prowess to our entire naturopathic community. The stakes are high and alumni can now cheer teams from their alma mater on throughout the entire competition. Can the SCNM Chapter Team hold their title, or will another chapter unseat the 2016 Champions?
What is unique to the NMSA conference?
- Exciting speakers from a variety of medical backgrounds
- Free social events exclusively for NMSA Conference registrants
- Community building exercise activities – Meditation, yoga and tai chi with your friends and colleagues
- Vendor Passport designed to introduce students to new practice resources, interactive opportunities for raffle prizes, and special student discounts
- Access to the AANP Conference and speakers
- Coordinated networking with practicing medical professionals
- Learn how naturopathic medical students just like you are making a difference in their communities throughout North America
Robert Kachko, ND, LAc – At the Heart of It All: Emerging Science On the Clinical Benefits Of Positive Emotion In the Context Of the Heart-brain Connection
Danielle Lewis, NMD – Herbal Therapy Is an Effective Treatment for Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO) – A Clinical Research Case Study (Sponsored by: Quintron Instrument Company, Inc.)
Nicole Ortiz, ND – The Business of Medicine: The Down and Dirty
Margaret “Maggi” Beeson, ND – The Gut Is the Root Of the Tree – How symbiosis and candida overgrowth are often the underlying cause of your patients’ chronic complaints
Michael Traub, ND, DHANP, FABNO – One ND’s Path to Success – A provocative look at naturopathic medicine in today’s world
Thomas Kruzel, ND – Cardiology In a Primary Care Naturopathic Practice
Nini Callan, ND – BRIDGes to the Future: A Naturopathic Perspective on Integrative Medicine Research
Sara Thyr, ND – Critical Thinking and How the Principles of Naturopathic Medicine Will Save You
Diane Ryan, LPC, MA, CPT
Carrie Louise Daenell, ND – Nature Cure and Nutritional Supplements: Developing the Clinical Values That Inform Practice – Guided Discussion
Deanna Minich, PhD, FACN, CNS – Why Food Alone is Not Enough: How to Connect Nutrition to Nourishment
Miguel Castillo, PhD – Reversing “Incurable” Autoimmune Disorders through Transcendental Therapeutics – Focus on Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Cheryl Kasdorf, ND – Stop watering-down, selling-out & muddling through: Natural Medicine Clearly Is Our Strength
Mitch Stargrove, ND, LAc – The Philosophy of Physiology – The Vis in Person-Centered Approaches to Therapeutic Strategies: Self-Healing and Living Systems
Tori Hudson, ND – 33 Years In Women’s Health – Making the Case for an Integrative Medicine Practice: The Future Is Now (Sponsored by: Vitanica)
Tyna Moore, ND, DC – Diversification and Social Media: How to Avoid Burnout
Mona Morestein, NMD – Medicine, Mistakes, and Motivation
JoAnn Yanez, ND – Residency Programs
Paul Anderson, ND – Why Being An ND Has Never Been More Important
Steven Sandberg-Lewis, ND, DHANP – The Only Good H. pylori Is A Dead H. pylori, Right?
2016 Conference Highlights
2017 Conference Highlights